Advertise Here

F1 2021

Neutreus

*SPOILERS BELOW*

What an utterly fantastic drive from Lewis, from the Sprint Race to the GP today, both races were a perfect demonstration of why he is a 7 time World Champion - some amazing overtakes and staying positive despite everything.

As to the everything, how on earth did the stewards not give Max a penalty? I would love to see the in car footage because I will be very surprised if he had full lock on. Therefore, did he not force another driver off the track to maintain an advantage? Was he not predominantly to blame like Lewis at Silverstone or do you have to make the other driver crash for that to apply - thankfully Lewis' quick reactions stopped that happening otherwise it would have been a crash (again).

No matter your point of view though, it was one heck of a race and the Championship is definitely not settled. Bring on Qatar next week!

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

On 11/14/2021 at 7:43 PM, Neutreus said:

*SPOILERS BELOW*

What an utterly fantastic drive from Lewis, from the Sprint Race to the GP today, both races were a perfect demonstration of why he is a 7 time World Champion - some amazing overtakes and staying positive despite everything.

As to the everything, how on earth did the stewards not give Max a penalty? I would love to see the in car footage because I will be very surprised if he had full lock on. Therefore, did he not force another driver off the track to maintain an advantage? Was he not predominantly to blame like Lewis at Silverstone or do you have to make the other driver crash for that to apply - thankfully Lewis' quick reactions stopped that happening otherwise it would have been a crash (again).

No matter your point of view though, it was one heck of a race and the Championship is definitely not settled. Bring on Qatar next week!

The in-car footage is on the F1 website now, if you haven't seen it. It's clear to me (as it was at the time) that Lewis was forced off the track - but Verstappen's in-car footage shows it to be intentional, as far as I can see. It would be good to get your opinion.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.watch-all-the-angles-of-hamilton-and-verstappens-lap-48-battle-in-brazil.3ghMXVIaYdjY6WDID1QFte.html

Mercedes have requested a review - so it may not be over yet. Trouble is, if V gets a 10 second penalty, it doesn't change the result (but it may have done, had it been imposed during the race).

Edit: a 5-place grid penalty for the next race would spice things up a bit.

Edited by Chubbs
to add something.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

31 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

The in-car footage is on the F1 website now, if you haven't seen it. It's clear to me (as it was at the time) that Lewis was forced off the track - but Verstappen's in-car footage shows it to be intentional, as far as I can see. It would be good to get your opinion.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.watch-all-the-angles-of-hamilton-and-verstappens-lap-48-battle-in-brazil.3ghMXVIaYdjY6WDID1QFte.html

Mercedes have requested a review - so it may not be over yet. Trouble is, if V gets a 10 second penalty, it doesn't change the result (but it may have done, had it been imposed during the race).

Edit: a 5-place grid penalty for the next race would spice things up a bit.

Literally just logged on to advise the on board footage is now out myself.

Completely agree, there doesn't appear to be to much of an attempt to turn in. Max only applies full steering lock as he approaches the outer bounds of the track, therefore, clearly forcing off (or crowding out as the FIA rule states) Lewis. By all accounts previous footage from Max's camera shows the difference in the attempt to turn in as well.

I almost don't like wishing ill of another race driver but Max needs to learn he can't just do what he likes and it seems the only way he will learn is by being punished. Let's see if anything comes of the review but I hope so otherwise they're green lighting all drivers to force other drivers off the track aren't they? And that's a very dangerous precedence to set.

(And where have we seen this all before, ahem, Michael Schumacher in Adelaide 94 on Hill and attempted on Villeneuve in Jerez 97 - starting to think it's win at all costs for Max as well)

• Agree 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I think that even 5 seconds puts him behind Bottas and therefore more points for Merc and less for Max and the Horner - Newey win at all costs duo.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

No attempt to make the corner also the footage is Max clearly straightens up when he is off track forcing Lewis even wider, why would he do this if he was "trying" to make the corner. Their crash at Silverstone also needs to be taken into account, Lewis ran a bit wide, not off the track wide, bit a bit wide and Max didn't try to avoid him as a result Lewis got a penalty. If Lewis was given a penalty at Silverstone then Max has to be given a penalty for this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

gallery_245_423_13930.png

What a surprise, Max didn't get a penalty because the Stewards felt Mercedes provided no further evidence - what, you mean apart from the onboard footage that most people from drivers to fans (apart from Hamiton haters) thought was fairly damning?

Anyway, in more positive and less contraversial news, great to see Lewis get an 'easy' win at the new circuit in Qatar. All talk is that the next new circuit in Jeddah could be one suited to Merc too. Looks like the championship could go down to the wire!

Unfortunately the Stewards ruling has also confused other drivers who say that it means overtaking on the outside of a corner could now be ruled out as the other driver can run you off the road with no penalty. Danny Ric, amongst others, has said it will cut overtaking moves making races more boring...

In other comments, Rad Bull (Horner and Newey) are "sure" there is something illegal about Mercedes rear wing but cant figure out what it is. Meanwhile their own rear wings keep falling apart. As a close family member to me said "Red Bull giver you whinge!). And another team boss (not Toto) described the Horner/Newey moans as just "more Red Bullsh*t"!!

Go Lewis! 

• Like 2

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

I'm not a particularly obsessive 'fanboy' of Lewis, but he's a British driver and I do so want to see him take the record of eight WDC wins. Being equal on seven with Mr. S is still pretty damned good of course, but going one further will be the cherry on the cake. I can't see eight, or even seven, WDCs being equalled in the F1 that we know now.

If he doesn't achieve it this year, I have this nagging doubt that this will have been his last shot. I haven't worked out the points, but I assume that Lewis must win both of the last races? 

2017 (67) 370Z NISMO - Ecutek - Cobra HFCs - HKS filters -  Japan Racing 15mm spacers all round - roof wrapped in Avery Dennison "Gloss Burgundy" - heavy tint rear screen - "Z" burgers

2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition /  2015 French C1 Thingy /  2016  Aygo (a 50% Japanese fleet!) :)

Lewis needs 9 points more than Max, so two wins if Max comes 2nd in both or a win and ahead of Max in the other, or two places ahead if he finishes in the other in 9th, but a 10th place is no good to him. Then if he wins and Max is lower than second he can finish a bit lower, but it depends how much lower Max finishes. Simples :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

gallery_245_423_13930.png