Jump to content
Horsham Developments

Recommended Posts

I noticed a bubble in the paint at the top of my driver door a little while ago.  When I washed the car yesterday the jet wash took the top of the bubble and it looks ugly :(

301285251_370ZDriverDoorCorrosion.jpg.b52b5dc38c856618708f25c004e4c153.jpg

I think I'm right in saying the 370Z has a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty but I know it's notoriously hard to make a claim.  The issue is the corrosion has to come from the inside out so anything that can be put down to a stone chip, etc. is an automatic no.  I will see what my dealer has to say, but I think I will be wasting my time.

I need to get it sorted though.  I don't want it spreading.

  • Sad 3

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

 

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at it I'd say its come from under the trim down rather from the inside out. Probably water sitting under the trim finding a weakness in the paint or some unprotected metal. Should be able to get away with a very localised repair.

  • Like 2

gallery_245_423_13930.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it`s worth taking the trim off just to see where it started and if there is any more likely to start before you look at repairs, it reminds me of the issue some GT-R`s have suffered under the door mirrors.

  • Like 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Link to post
Share on other sites

As most of you will know, I'm a relatively new owner. I'm really disappointed to read a number of comments on this forum, and others, regarding corrosion.

I love my Z, but the first sign of anything like this and I'll more than likely sell it. I truly hope it doesn't happen though.   

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PaulW said:

Looking at it I'd say its come from under the trim down rather from the inside out. Probably water sitting under the trim finding a weakness in the paint or some unprotected metal. Should be able to get away with a very localised repair.

I think you could well be right.  I knew I should have washed it less!!

6 hours ago, Gav C said:

I think it`s worth taking the trim off just to see where it started and if there is any more likely to start before you look at repairs, it reminds me of the issue some GT-R`s have suffered under the door mirrors.

I agree.

I've contacted my dealer and sent some photos in for them to take a look.  I've got some (poor quality) ones taken a little while ago before the top was taken off.  I'll report back if I have any luck.

If they won't repair it under warranty then I will investigate...

 

  • Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

 

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

As most of you will know, I'm a relatively new owner. I'm really disappointed to read a number of comments on this forum, and others, regarding corrosion.

I love my Z, but the first sign of anything like this and I'll more than likely sell it. I truly hope it doesn't happen though.   

This is the first bodywork issue I've had (owned the car from new in 2009).  There are a few bolts and the W brace which tend to corrode but generally speaking the body is good.

  • Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

 

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Paul_S said:

This is the first bodywork issue I've had (owned the car from new in 2009).  There are a few bolts and the W brace which tend to corrode but generally speaking the body is good.

The Rays wheels were the main corrosion hotspot on 350's, weren't they? Touch wood, my current wheels (5 years old) are still looking pretty good - and I don't look after them at all well. As you say, bodywork issues are generally not severe on these cars.

  • Like 1

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chubbs said:

The Rays wheels were the main corrosion hotspot on 350's, weren't they? Touch wood, my current wheels (5 years old) are still looking pretty good - and I don't look after them at all well. As you say, bodywork issues are generally not severe on these cars.

Yep, Rays issues on the 350Z but no wheel issues on the 370Z as far as I am aware :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

 

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...