Adrian Flux

6 weeks ownership a tiny review

Well before I brought my nismo I done all the research read the reviews herd the critics, they were all wrong, this car is just fantastic cannot fault it ,they say it’s out dated ,crap, they say the ride is too harsh , crap, I love the feel the drive the power  the stares lol , you always seem to judge your present car on the one it replaced I had a 07 3.2 TT , it was a great car but the nismo blows it out the water, I still can’t believe I own a nismo , I just wanted a 370gt so I feel very lucky to have this car 👍🏾

• Like 8

Agree with you there Carlton. Nearly two months of ownership here, despite some reviews nearly put me off buying mine - I'd then have gone for the 'safe' option of a Golf GTI, Leon Cupra or i30N. So glad that I went with my heart's instinct!

Like many of us here, I've had some nice cars, old and young, but the Z gets far more comment and admiration from those I know and complete strangers.

• Like 3

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Glad its got under your skin mate.  I took the Zed to a National Trust place yesterday as the weather was nice and parked next to all the SUV's it stood out, one Gran said to their grandchild as they walked past look at that car vroom vroom.  Amazing 7 years on how much attention the Zed gets.  Its now a weekend warrior and I get to pick and choose when it goes out and about, no more Salt in the winter for the Zed.  

People like the Zed it doesn't offend and to be honest I never get the agro I got when I had the BMW or the last year of the Civic Type R.  

20210205_104437366_iOS.jpg

• Like 3

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Well said people!

There's so much to be said about having a car with character.  Not just another turbo'd Eurobox.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

On 4/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, LESmo said:

People like the Zed it doesn't offend and to be honest I never get the agro I got when I had the BMW or the last year of the Civic Type R.  

If you mean 'aggro' in the sense of others egging you on into a race, I've had a few on my rear bumper but generally ignore them until they gradually back off - must say it's usually the typical demographic of BMW 1 Series drivers... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2017 370Z Nismo / 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition / 2001 BMW E39 540i 4.4 V8 Sport / 2015 French C1 Thingy....

Its the usual group as you say.   How many times my car has been called a GTR I cannot count - its almost the only sports car people have heard of from Nissan.  I love the obscurity of the Zed but the fact that everyone fears the GTR sometime trickles down to the Zed 🙂 

Most boy racers know the Zed from drifting and I think they assume it automatically as 1000bhp.  Driving a 1ltr Juke makes you appreciate it far more.  Yesterday coming out of a 30 into a NSL.  It just dug into the road and projected itself so much grip.  But every day - you don't see another.

• Like 1

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

30 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I just like making a lot of noise and going fast.

I agree, but unfortunately my current insurer doesn't allow mods so I'm for the time being operating in stealth mode.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I just like making a lot of noise and going fast.

and sometimes you go in the car....

• Haha 6

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

3 minutes ago, KarlWalker93 said:

Brentacre I’m insured by all mods declared
I’m 26 and live in Birmingham
£780 was my renewal this year
Cheapest I’ve ever paid for any car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check them out possibly, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I'm significantly older than you and am used to paying quite low premiums for our cars - I paid £280 for the Z in February. I can't image paying north of £500 to insure any vehicle now.

Since my initial post I've been in touch with Admiral with whom we have a multi car policy - surprisingly they said they'd insure the Z (it's insured elsewhere right now) with an exhaust mod (cat back or short tails) for the grand sum of £350 per year which I thought was pretty good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

I'll check them out possibly, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I'm significantly older than you and am used to paying quite low premiums for our cars - I paid £280 for the Z in February. I can't image paying north of £500 to insure any vehicle now.

Since my initial post I've been in touch with Admiral with whom we have a multi car policy - surprisingly they said they'd insure the Z (it's insured elsewhere right now) with an exhaust mod (cat back or short tails) for the grand sum of £350 per year which I thought was pretty good. 

Admiral are pretty good, I`ve had my Z insured with them since I bought it, cheaper than anyone else but living in Leeds it`s still £600 per year.

• Like 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

On 4/14/2021 at 8:01 PM, Gav C said:

Admiral are pretty good, I`ve had my Z insured with them since I bought it, cheaper than anyone else but living in Leeds it`s still £600 per year.

I've used them for years too.  They aren't spooked by the occasional mod either, and don't charge crazy prices for them.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY