Advertise Here

CAT Performance Driver Day - Photos and Story

Having finally got home and had some tea, I'm ready to give a brief overview of the Members event that 6 of us attended today with CAT Driver Training at Milbrook Proving Grounds.

It all started with 5 of us meeting up at a Car Park a few minutes from Milbrook having fuelled our cars. Chaz, who is local to the area popped along to meet us - always good to see you fella! Here's a couple of pics from the meet ............

Meet.thumb.jpg.59f690cdd38e5bd73f150473fb206e2c.jpg

1956718752_Meet2.thumb.jpg.fa2716ae7028cadded32a7ffcb1e3a36.jpg

980503613_Meet3.thumb.jpg.7a72b6c4ac6c611333c7064076406bf1.jpg

We then had a little convoy to Milbrook Proving Grounds where we met Dan in his 200SX ............

530490656_MilbrookGate.thumb.jpg.ed2424f972c8e44f9d63e996d9d072b6.jpg

We were met at the gate by Jo and we headed into the grounds to CAT's base within the circuit. Pictures or video aren't allowed whilst on site apart from at the base.

When we arrived at the base we met Colin and Paul who would be our instructors for the day and had a full briefing on what the day would entail. What followed has been one of the best driving experiences I've ever had. 

I can honestly say that anyone who has a vague interest in what their car can do or would just like more confidence in knowing how your car will handle under different situations, should absolutely attend this training.

We learnt various techniques from things that may seem simple, like finding the limit of your cars braking without the ABS kicking in - on the mile straight, to using one consistent turn of the wheel through corners all the way through to trail braking techniques. All of what we learnt though translates to a better understanding of how your car will react on the road and how you can get the most out of them.

The day culminated in a consistency challenge where we had to put 3 flying laps together in as close a time to each other as possible. Well done to John_K who was the winner and well done to CrayZ who won Driver of the Day. I think as corny as it sounds though, we all felt like winners because it was just such an awesome day. 

There was just time for a couple of pics at the end of the day before we headed off (into a massive downpour where you couldn't see where you were going! - thank goodness that held off!) .........

Milbrook.thumb.jpg.904ae75c5403c6cbcc31f562a6ab1d37.jpg

536556514_MilbrookRev.thumb.jpg.b78c386be7b87ae064ba1637d65e9d24.jpg

I would like to extend all of our thanks as a club to Colin, Paul & Jo for a simply amazing day - thankyou :notworthy:

I'm sure the others will be along shortly to share their experience and photos.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Fantastic day at Millbrook today under great tuition from Paul, Colin and Jo and great to meet you guys.

Having never done a track day or had any tuition before it was great to learn about the dynamics and put theory into practice and really find out how far you can push in the safety of controlled conditions and expert supervision.

Congratulations to Dan on driver of the day and John who got amazing consistency on the challenge (even though you slowed me down 😂)

A great day was had by all and I'll definitely do another day here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Excellent, good to hear the folks at CAT are safe and well and continue to provide such fantastic and informative driving days.

love the pictures! Amazing you managed to form such a great display, were there many arguments about precision and placement in the usual nissansportz fashion? 😂 

• Like 2

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

Sounds like you all had an exciting day! Good to get out and stretch your legs, and hopefully without to many restrictions.
Like they say 'power is nothing without control' so i think this was a beneficial day all round

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

• Like 2

John D. B)

8 hours ago, Chilli Red said:

Excellent, good to hear the folks at CAT are safe and well and continue to provide such fantastic and informative driving days.

love the pictures! Amazing you managed to form such a great display, were there many arguments about precision and placement in the usual nissansportz fashion? 😂 

We practiced the display by herding some cats first 🤣

Just a fab fab day. Many thanks to Neil for arranging, CAT for hosting, and all nissansportz attendees, for making it a 'normal' day out (apart from the face masks, but even that's a learning point when having to also put on a helmet! 🤣).

Again, I learnt so much, and it was nice to reconfirm previous learnings, and put them in to practice in such a safe environment. Where else could you cruise at a constant 140mph for 6 miles, legally, and without encountering another vehicle? (let alone have the space to build up pace and ease off after).

My apologies for slowing you down Gav 😉, tbh, I think Steve may have deserved the prize more than me for his consistent AND fast laps, and congrats to Neil for getting the extra point for fastest lap 🤣 .

some, hopefully slightly different, pics from me too;

1683823537_IMG_3953(002).thumb.jpg.a29404e4a12694bb55be1c0cfd172ab5.jpg

1973282505_IMG_3954(002).thumb.jpg.68a8dd86a4ec8dea4ff184bb9c2342ed.jpg

1665782637_IMG_3956(002).thumb.jpg.df9c28b6b4f759f5a5b6c664eb134288.jpg

1188186702_IMG_3961(002).thumb.jpg.ec69563dd40d2d534ba7253340d73ef3.jpg

457657608_IMG_3963(002).thumb.jpg.c61371f9fe6addcebc4ebde9c76c0021.jpg

some odd maths going on in this one though!, although i don't think it changed the result!

• Like 4

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

Only joking John 😂 the stop watch doesn't lie 👍 I knew I wasn't going to win that one but I'm well happy with my last two laps. 

• Like 3

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

I think we should all be very proud of our days achievements.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

34 minutes ago, John_K said:

I think we should all be very proud of our days achievements.

I am John, I learnt a lot yesterday and it's all I've been thinking about, just going over all the individual activities and what I learnt from each one, I'm still buzzing 👍

• Like 2

I stayed at an AirBNB the night before this event and the owners of the property were amazing. I'd never done an AirBNB before but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again after this experience. The reason I mention this is that the hosts Lynn & Greg were brilliant and Geg's son (who lives in Australia) is a complete petrol head so Greg took a pic of my car to send to him. Furthermore, he then came and met us at the meet at Ampthill and did a quick video of us leaving the car park. So huge thanks to Greg and here is the video he took (this video is unlisted - so not public - meaning that you must have this link to view it. However, if any members wish me to take the video down, please PM me):

YouTube Link

• Like 4

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Neutreus - will you send me the AirBNB details for our reference please?

Great to meet you all and welcome John & Blobbish back.  Colin, Paul & I had a lovely day & really enjoyed it too.  I've sent our photos to Neutreus in case there's any additional ones in there to add to the collection.  They are now on FB & Google, & will be on Insta & Tweeters in due course.

Keep safe & well.

Until next time ...

Jo 🙂

• Like 1

As Founder/Director of CAT Driver Training it gives me great pleasure to offer you bespoke driver training courses tailored to extract the very most from you and your pride and joy. Our association with the Nissan brand dates back to the introduction of the 350 Z into Europe. Employed by Nissan as a vehicle evaluator and driver trainer, my experience with the Z in its development stages and latterly in the role of proving ground driver trainer makes CAT Driver Training the ideal choice if you require expert tuition on the road or track.

Look in our trading area to see our nissansportz specific courses with discounted prices for Members.

Please PM, email or call myself or Jo (+44 (0)1234 757633) to chat through your training needs. We look forward to training with you to get the best out of you and your car.

Colin Hoad

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

I stayed at an AirBNB the night before this event and the owners of the property were amazing. I'd never done an AirBNB before but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again after this experience. The reason I mention this is that the hosts Lynn & Greg were brilliant and Geg's son (who lives in Australia) is a complete petrol head so Greg took a pic of my car to send to him. Furthermore, he then came and met us at the meet at Ampthill and did a quick video of us leaving the car park. So huge thanks to Greg and here is the video he took (this video is unlisted - so not public - meaning that you must have this link to view it. However, if any members wish me to take the video down, please PM me):

Just subscribed to your Channel. MOD OR FIX is me.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CAT said:

Neutreus - will you send me the AirBNB details for our reference please?

Great to meet you all and welcome John & Blobbish back.  Colin, Paul & I had a lovely day & really enjoyed it too.  I've sent our photos to Neutreus in case there's any additional ones in there to add to the collection.  They are now on FB & Google, & will be on Insta & Tweeters in due course.

Keep safe & well.

Until next time ...

Jo 🙂

Thanks Jo, we always love a good amount of pics, so without further ado, here are the pics from Jo, Colin & Paul ............

DSC_0009.thumb.JPG.e2a366e026e060084688fc4c4f97e706.JPG

DSC_0010.thumb.JPG.09ab8a437bc34eadfca6f6ee37cc8460.JPG

DSC_0011.thumb.JPG.252625e06b38b799a6bb82d37d362d11.JPG

DSC_0012.thumb.JPG.e99fb08104246333f323ff586233936c.JPG

DSC_0013.thumb.JPG.cc2859f2ea37ca663dee9143ddf79a7c.JPG

DSC_0015.thumb.JPG.c724f61c39800b3e162a215743b3378b.JPG

• Like 1

And a few more ...........

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

• Like 1

And last but not least ..........

Driver of the Day, Dan (looking very proud with his CAT cap on)

DSC_0030.thumb.JPG.f30084096fbcd7e1f292b09d2f27f6d2.JPG

And the winner of the consistency challenge, John ..........

DSC_0032.thumb.JPG.a9cc45ca42140f67839eebf1e17911dc.JPG

And lastly, Jo at the end of the day surprised us with this label which she still had from when we were the first club to be hosted by CAT back in 2006! (under a different name then) .....

DSC_0034.thumb.JPG.196df093c96a0fc3fa64761677af768b.JPG

As usual guys, if there's any of these you would rather I remove, let me know :thumbs:

• Like 2

Didn't know my brother was there 🤣😂

• Haha 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]