Horsham Developments

Headlight referb

My headlights were a bit cloudy so ordered one of them kits to polish them up but it never came so I thought of getting some headlight tint film , not fitted it before and it wasn’t easy ,but it’s made my headlights look brand new 😊

BA578F96-18C7-4521-AE66-5D9D0503F735.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks good 👍 

From what I`ve read once you use the headlight restorers then it becomes an annual job, that`s why I`ve bought some replacement lenses.

• Like 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Looks good  
From what I`ve read once you use the headlight restorers then it becomes an annual job, that`s why I`ve bought some replacement lenses.
What sort of money are the lenses?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Not cheap, $275 plus shipping, I'm not sure if you can get them in the UK, they're made by Morimoto, the same company that make the led headlights.

• Like 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Not cheap, $275 plus shipping, I'm not sure if you can get them in the UK, they're made by Morimoto, the same company that make the led headlights.
Ah so an aftermarket solution then. The other thing you can so is make sure your headlights are clean and give them a coat of meguairs clarity coat. Do that every year and they will stay clear. No need to refurb ;)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I think the UV light will take it's toll over time and regardless of what you use they will go cloudy eventually. I did a lot of reading on 370z.com on the dual halos and headlights in general and the opinion send that once you start down the restoration route then it becomes an annual job.

I'm just waiting for my halos to turn up now then I can start my next project 😁

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, Gav C said:

Looks good 👍 

Hi i didn't know you could replace the lens, was it a case of balls of steel and put the hole unit into the oven, or a heat gun? 

16 hours ago, Short Paul said:

Hi i didn't know you could replace the lens, was it a case of balls of steel and put the hole unit into the oven, or a heat gun? 

Hi Paul,

I haven`t started it yet as I have been waiting for some weather proof block connectors but I got the lenses from the USA, you can get them in the UK now though from here, though they`re quite a bit more than I paid.

I will be using the cardboard box method as seen on this thread, this is where I got my inspiration from to do a double halo.

• 2 weeks later...

I have all the bits to do this DIY mod to mine too.  I've still not got round to it.

Maybe one day...

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

On 8/14/2021 at 8:00 PM, Paul_S said:

I have all the bits to do this DIY mod to mine too.  I've still not got round to it.

Maybe one day...

I`m glad I found your front bumper removal post, as I have been reading all the posts on The 370z.com the bumper removal seemed too easy, I`d forgotten about the pedestrian impact system, I should be able to make a start after next weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gav C said:

I`m glad I found your front bumper removal post, as I have been reading all the posts on The 370z.com the bumper removal seemed too easy, I`d forgotten about the pedestrian impact system, I should be able to make a start after next weekend.

Yes, it's an added hassle for sure.  The pop-up reset I posted in The Garage works fine, so don't panic if you end up tripping the warning light :)

• Like 1

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY