Adrian Flux

A new home for the Zeds (and us too)

Paul_S

A couple of weeks ago we moved 3 miles up the road to a village just outside Ashford.  Not exactly adventurous, but it's a bit like being in a different world (with the same chip shop).

The new house is 'properly' built but has been rented out for the last 15 years so needs everything renewed / updated / replaced.  We like a challenge!  It also has a rather handy double garage at the end of the garden which means plenty of parking in the back garden too!

Here are a few pics.

IMG_20210221_131615.thumb.jpg.89c237857f5581cfd48237cd99522199.jpg

IMG_20210510_152404.thumb.jpg.ed743bca62fd527ee54ad050c2af0284.jpg

IMG_20210511_121503.thumb.jpg.c04332eaa5c886c759e59bc0867769eb.jpg

IMG_20210517_145714.thumb.jpg.5e7130c7783f17eac9705f2d5f60ba99.jpg

The garage was converted into an office by some fool many years ago.  I'm in the process of making it a garage again.  I'm pleased to report that the stud wall built in front of the door wasn't holding the ceiling up! 

IMG_20210514_152051.thumb.jpg.a6d7c6bd60546b8ec7367f494faa7f81.jpg

Until the garage is ready, the 240Z lives in a friends garage.  Until we replace the heating, we wear lots of warm clothes!

• Like 5

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

I’m pleased for you both, Paul. I hope the renovations aren’t too onerous and that they go well. Your back garden is a splendid size and the house looks cracking.

Get yer DIY hat on!

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

Well done both of you. No idle hands for you Paul! Look forward to seeing reports of your new adventure...

• Like 1

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Very nice!  Garden with a view, and what a view of your lovely cars! Love it 

• Like 1

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

Well done to you both, hope you love it.  My Zed is very jealous

Strangely yesterday we had an offer accepted on a Bungalow in Attleborough, and towards the end of the year we will move, our house has a buyer (less than 1 day).

No Double Garage for us but the parking we will have which means no swapping cars around all the time.

I have just decorated the current house so luckily this one is turn key.  I do want to change sockets and probably put a Ground Source Pump in - but just tinkering.  Only 10 minutes walk to the rail station.

Internet will be like stepping back in time - going will be the Fibre to premises and back to ADSL II...  But Space for 5 cars outside and We think the Zed will fit in the Garage.

status_new (1).jpg

status_new.jpg

status_new (10).jpg

status_new (13).jpg

status_new (3).jpg

• Like 4

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Looks good Les. Don't worry about the single garage - I'm sure with a bit of work your could display your Nismo in the conservatory...

• Like 2

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

Wow!, well done all of you. You've been more successful on Estate Agents websites in lockdown than we have 🤣. Double garages are hard to find, and I now carry a tape measure for garage door widths...who knew they come in different widths! and why?

• Like 2

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

You both have lovely properties to move into, great news for you all.

Vicky x

• Like 2

Looks awesome mate. I assume the Stenning Bar/Inn has been moved as well? :drunk:

• Like 2

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Thanks folks.

@LESmo - it looks like you'll be settled for life there.  It sounds & looks great.  I'm with you on the broadband.  We finally got ours in nearly 2 weeks after we'd moved in and have gone from 240Mbps to about 70.  Still, it's doing okay and I've getting round to putting all network sockets and access points around the house (oh the joys of proper floorboards!!)

With regards to heating we have considered lots of options but speaking with our neighbours a ground sourced heat pump isn't one of them.  They tried that route but there's a layer of shingle that means we can't go deep enough.  They went air sourced in the end.  I'm currently sitting under an IR heating panel and am really impressed.  They're clever too and app controlled (but I am testing it out with Home Assistant which I use to automate everything else).  We might well get a solar panel array and go all electric.  Possibly even a Tesla PowerWall if we can generate enough to make it worth storing.

Yes, lots to do but we're looking forward to choosing everything.  We were in the old house 10 years before we felt we could change the bathrooms which were quality but not to our taste.  There's nothing staying in this one!!

It's a bit narrow down the side of the house to get to the garage unfortunately.  An extra 12" would be nice to make the journey more comfortable, but you can't have everything.

@Neutreus - oh yes!  "The Stenn Inn" has been dismantled and will be rebuilt bigger and better!  We are planning an extension...

• Like 3

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY