Abbey Motorsport

350Z Headlight Unit Types

I'm getting close to looking for some replacement headlight units for my car as polishing the outside of mine reveals deterioration of the plastic inside the unit.

I'm wary of buying new from Nissan because of their habit of using the same part no.s even when the spec has changed.

So, can anyone tell me how many changes were made to the design and approximately when they came about please?

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

• 1 month later...

Hi John, the original U.K. 350Zs came with Xenon Dipped Beam and Halogen Main Beam. In 2006, the Bi-Xenon units were introduced, which are a significant upgrade on the original units. They are plug and play with the older models too. Some JDM Zeds came with halogen only.

I am not aware of any further upgrades since the bi-xenons.

RAYS, parking sensors, Tonneau Cover (StuartB), security glass, Alpine DVD satnav, Alpine digital television, DBA discs and Ferrodo pads, spare RAYS for winter, Michelin Pilot Sports for summer, Vredstein Wintrac Extremes for winter, Spill's Grounding Kit, LED rear brake lights, Carbon Fibre switch panel covers (Richard Chen), JL Audio 2 channel amp, Infinity Kappa 6.1 Perfect Speakers, Alpine reverse camera, Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phonekit with audio integration, CAT Driver Training, Nismo Exhaust. KW Variant 3.

Thanks Michael. I wonder if I can still get the originals...

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

I've just found a pair of new headlights for the 2002 to 2005 models. However, they may be for a LHD car. Anyone know if they were different to RHD cars?

(Amayama parts diagram not helpful as they only show for LH Steering)

I suspect the been pattern might be different, even the Morimoto replacement headlights for the 370z are in LHD and RHD probably for the same reason.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Thanks Gav - I thought it was too easy. I wonder how one can find part no.s for RHD pre-2005 cars.

I suspect my ebay searches need to get more frequent...