Today started hazey, so I thought that a long-overdue external clean was in order. I was unable to get a clay bar to the panels last year for various reasons so this was the next logical step. I started with the roof, which was a mistake as the sun had been peeking through and it then took me 25 minutes to remove the clay residue with detailer. Lesson re-learnt.

After that came the driver’s door, which had very little residue on it and turned out well. 

2E3732E3-F0BD-4F7B-8BDA-ECD812AD95AE.thumb.jpeg.6aec26e1cbe3bb681dde6b7ae69041d0.jpeg

I also did as much of the OS rear panel as had been in the shade, but the whole car was cooking in the full sun by this stage, so I had a beer instead. The sills are showing a little wear after 22k, but such is life.

• Like 4

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

Little tip. Buy a Clay Mitt. 3M do a good one. You can use it in a decent shampoo (farcela do a good one) wash the car then use the mit dipping it on the shampoo water.

I used a real clay bar alongside the clay mitt on my 200sx and after the clay mitt the clay bar pulled of... NOTHING.

Only thing about the mitt is you don't get the satisfaction of seeing what's coming off. Do it purely by feel.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Beer wins over car cleaning. Although I find it usually helps when cleaning as I don't feel as anal about the cleaning and get it done quicker :D

Eventually finished with the clay bar (don’t have to do the front as it’s wrapped) on Saturday, got the whole car detailed and put it away all Sunday as we had visitors.

Today eventually went hazy, so managed to machine polish the 4 areas needing a little attention (nothing serious), get the Bilt Hamber wax onto the non-wrapped areas and finish off with a coat of Manzerna wax sealant. I was pleased that so little machine polishing was required, but I guess I had only done 3k miles last year.

All that remains now is to get all the insect remains off the wrap with detailer, hot water and a lot of elbow grease.

BFDAE4E1-A113-4BB7-BEEE-7299058FC6D4.thumb.jpeg.0b926cc9b01cbf6f380cbe3eb900ba05.jpeg

F461CC4D-E125-4757-BBF5-846BBC153C5B.thumb.jpeg.1dcc87448ac7767496d36c45cbaab6ff.jpeg

Jeff-W

OCDT.

• Like 9

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

Looking good Jeff 👍

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

On 6/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, Cray Z said:

Little tip. Buy a Clay Mitt. 3M do a good one. You can use it in a decent shampoo (farcela do a good one) wash the car then use the mit dipping it on the shampoo water.

I used a real clay bar alongside the clay mitt on my 200sx and after the clay mitt the clay bar pulled of... NOTHING.

Only thing about the mitt is you don't get the satisfaction of seeing what's coming off. Do it purely by feel.

That's what I do too.  Saves a lot of time. 👍

• Like 1