Adrian Flux

Performance Driver Track Day @ CAT - May 2022

Further to the thread created for an event at CAT in October here, I have started this thread so that those interested in attending a Performance Driver Track Day in May next year can post up or ask any questions, including those that may have done it before.

Please note that these events are for MEMBERS ONLY as CAT discount the prices for our club. So if you are a non-member and are interested, please PM Chilli Red (Club Secretary) to find out how to become a member. I would add that the benefits of membership go way beyond these driving events of course.

If you'd like to know a little more about what the day would involve, the thread with our recent feedback/pics is here and the overvew of the day from CAT is below:

There is access to the 5 unique circuits at the renowned Millbrook Proving Ground, a venue that is not normally accessible for 'track days' and the general public.

Activities designed for the different circuits are:

• Learn threshold braking from high speed on the Mile Straight

• High speed driving, potentially to the maximum of your car, on the banked circuit of the High Speed Circuit

• Drive the demanding Alpine Route circuit with its hills, and variety of corners from hairpins to long and sweeping

• Take on the tight, twisty and challenging Handling Circuit

• Put your car through its paces on the open spaces of the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron

An instructor will accompany you on all the circuits, and the objective is to teach you how to get the best from your car and develop your performance driving skills in a controlled environment and at a pace you are comfortable with. Short presentations in vehicle dynamics will help you to understand the relationship between driver input and vehicle balance and control. From this comes the appreciation of how to safely drive your vehicle at grip limit within the controlled confines of a track environment. At the end of the day, your new found skills can be put to the test in a timed shoot out around a gymkhana-style course laid out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.

I'll list those that post up or PM me as interested below (please note that it is a maximum of 6 Members on a first come, first serve basis:

1) Budbongo

2) Jeff_W

3) Scott Robinson

4) Kimbo (Mrs Budbongo)

5)

6)

Reserves:

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

• Neutreus changed the title to Performance Driver Track Day @ CAT - May 2022

Afternoon all,

I have been in touch with Jo @ CAT Driver Training and she has very kindly reserved us a date for another brilliant Driving Event. Details are above but the date that has been reserved is Saturday 21st May. This date can only be held for a short period of time so if you are interested, please post up as we'll need to move quickly to make a firm booking.

I can say from personal experience that this is a fantastic day that will give you so much more understanding and confidence in your car in a variety of situations. Feedback and photos from this event last year can be viewed here

Any questions, please let me know.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I would be interested in this, please Neil. It's been a long time since I demonstrated my non-existent driving skills to the CAT professionals. They could probably do with a laugh after the last 2 years.

Jeff.

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.
Billy – 2022 Jaguar F-Type R 575PS. Portofino blue. Front ppf and full ceramic finish.

I'm sure it will come flooding back mate!

• Jeff-W pinned this topic

I'm just adding Scott to the list as he's unable to from the USA at the moment.

17 hours ago, budbongo said:

I look forward to demonstrating my non existent driving skills too 😆

Sounds like an early candidate for 'most improved driver of the day' to me  :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread folks :bounce:

Surely there are more of you out there who would like to know what your car can do (doesn't have to be a Nissan) safely at your own pace? If you're on the fence, drop me a PM with any questions. I'll be glad to chat about it.

• Agree 1

Scott has confirmed for the 21st and Budbongo's wife is now joining too. Application forms being sent to the 4 named above this evening. Please could I ask you all to return the completed form to Jo @ CAT with either deposit or full payment ASAP to ensure the day is held for us.

Thanks.

• Jeff-W pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, sprint7 said:

Out of curiosity, what are the noise restrictions?

There are none, really.  Unless you've got something comparable to the old F1 engine noise levels.

KR Jo

As Founder/Director of CAT Driver Training it gives me great pleasure to offer you bespoke driver training courses tailored to extract the very most from you and your pride and joy. Our association with the Nissan brand dates back to the introduction of the 350 Z into Europe. Employed by Nissan as a vehicle evaluator and driver trainer, my experience with the Z in its development stages and latterly in the role of proving ground driver trainer makes CAT Driver Training the ideal choice if you require expert tuition on the road or track.

Look in our trading area to see our nissansportz specific courses with discounted prices for Members.

Please PM, email or call myself or Jo (+44 (0)1234 757633) to chat through your training needs. We look forward to training with you to get the best out of you and your car.

Colin Hoad

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Thanks for replying Jo

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'
GT-R Brake Fluid II

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for only just posting up ..... I've been getting the brake dust off the front alloys ..... the pads and rotors have just stopped smoking ...

I would like to offer my sincere thanks to the team at CAT for yet again providing a simply amazing training day on Saturday. The OC was represented by Budbongo and partner, Kim, and myself. The remaining 2 participants were from the Porsche world in 911s. In the course of the day I learnt a lot about the dynamics of rear-engined cars by listening to the sections of the briefings directed their way!

The Performance Driver "Track" Day consists of 5 exercises, or disciplines, and as always the instructors (Paul & Steve) flexed each event to suit each driver's aims. Personally, I wanted to learn how to make my car handle and perform using paddle shift where possible, so this was crafted into each exercise. Brilliant! Thank you, Paul!

We at nissansportz are indebted to all at CAT (Lynne, Paul, Steve and of course Jo and Colin) for offering such superb tuition to the OC at the special Club rates - thank you!

OC members - these courses are fantastic learning days which I commend to you all, irrespective of your previous experience behind the wheel.

With best wishes to all at CAT,

Jeff-W
Not quite as consistent as Blobbish.

• Like 4

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.
Billy – 2022 Jaguar F-Type R 575PS. Portofino blue. Front ppf and full ceramic finish.

I'd like to repeat pretty much what Jeff said. Both myself and Kim had a great day there. Found it really useful and the handling circuit was really good fun.

Thanks to Neil for organising, and the team at CAT.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Jeff-W unpinned this topic