CongratulationZ

Project Re-Locate

One thing I have found in the past few months is:

1.  How much stuff you accumulate over nearly 20 years in the same house.

2. Whatever you think you are going to do with it, you are never going to use a whole floor of old Carpet - so putting it in the loft is a bad idea especially when you are 20 years on and you are trying to remove it on your own.

So in the past few weeks, we had put in an offer on a new place in Attleborough, look towards Norwich on the A11 and you will find it.  We had sold our home, only to find we had sold it to a Ghost - who then wasn't available to take any calls or emails form the Estate agent, so after 2 weeks of that nonsense we sold it again.  Both times in 24 hours of going on the market - the market is madness at the moment.

Finally yesterday I got a call from our Solicitors (aka Piggy Bank) and they asked if I wanted to do the searches - I asked if something had happened and they informed me they have received instruction from the Attleborough Estate Agents, so we are go - we got the letter this morning.  Plus our buyers have moved from the South and have been renting for a few years up the road - so again its all perfect, this time they really seem keen.

Today I have spent all day taking out the carpet from the loft (in a Town house that's the 4th Floor) and putting it into the Tardis that is the Juke, I cannot believe how much stuff I fitted in it for the skip runs, its has been brilliant.  There is a fine art to Skip runs, you need to be confident and quick so as not to get the attention too much of the operatives - you can then pretty much get away with anything.

As we have pretty much everything now boxed in a storage unit up the road, we are running out of things to do now until the process moves along a bit more.  We have our survey during the first week in July (Surveyors are now running 1 month plus - one quoted me Mid August and another £980 for a home buyer survey - surprisingly I took neither)

The Zed is looking forward to its new home and space for about 6 cars on the drive.  Sure there will be a few blips between now and the end, but certainly amazing how fast some bits happen after waiting 3 weeks.

• Like 5

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

On 6/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, LESmo said:

We had sold our home, only to find we had sold it to a Ghost - who then wasn't available to take any calls or emails form the Estate agent, so after 2 weeks of that nonsense we sold it again.  Both times in 24 hours of going on the market - the market is madness at the moment.

Glad to hear things are progressing well Les. It doesn't surprise me to hear your experience re selling, We have 150+ Mortgage Brokers under our umbrella all over the country with a lot of them relying on Estate Agency leads and pretty much all of them are reporting a shortage of stock on the market, so it really is a sellers market right now.

Fingers crossed everything runs smoothly for you from here pal.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, LESmo said:

One thing I have found in the past few months is:

1.  How much stuff you accumulate over nearly 20 years in the same house.

2. Whatever you think you are going to do with it, you are never going to use a whole floor of old Carpet - so putting it in the loft is a bad idea especially when you are 20 years on and you are trying to remove it on your own.

So in the past few weeks, we had put in an offer on a new place in Attleborough, look towards Norwich on the A11 and you will find it.  We had sold our home, only to find we had sold it to a Ghost - who then wasn't available to take any calls or emails form the Estate agent, so after 2 weeks of that nonsense we sold it again.  Both times in 24 hours of going on the market - the market is madness at the moment.

Finally yesterday I got a call from our Solicitors (aka Piggy Bank) and they asked if I wanted to do the searches - I asked if something had happened and they informed me they have received instruction from the Attleborough Estate Agents, so we are go - we got the letter this morning.  Plus our buyers have moved from the South and have been renting for a few years up the road - so again its all perfect, this time they really seem keen.

Today I have spent all day taking out the carpet from the loft (in a Town house that's the 4th Floor) and putting it into the Tardis that is the Juke, I cannot believe how much stuff I fitted in it for the skip runs, its has been brilliant.  There is a fine art to Skip runs, you need to be confident and quick so as not to get the attention too much of the operatives - you can then pretty much get away with anything.

As we have pretty much everything now boxed in a storage unit up the road, we are running out of things to do now until the process moves along a bit more.  We have our survey during the first week in July (Surveyors are now running 1 month plus - one quoted me Mid August and another £980 for a home buyer survey - surprisingly I took neither)

The Zed is looking forward to its new home and space for about 6 cars on the drive.  Sure there will be a few blips between now and the end, but certainly amazing how fast some bits happen after waiting 3 weeks.

Hope all goes well for your move, another 3 and a bit years until I officially retire, then hope to move to Dorset …. But who knows what will happen between now and then.

I will give to a wave on the way past when I go to Norwich in a couple of months time.

Stay safe

Vicky x 

• Like 1

Thought I would update you guys on this weeks fun and games in the world of Project Relocate.

As previously stated by Lesmo all the “s***/history” we had accumulated over 20 plus years together was in a storage unit up the road. Now on Wednesday we got post which I thought was an invoice so didn’t open it when Lesmo got home we found out the company that ran that storage unit site was being evicted after being there for 20 years as the landlord can make more money from another deal and therefore so were we, a first for both of us! We had 2 weeks to remove our stuff or the unit/stuff would be moving to Grays in Essex or Melton Mowbray no disrespect to either but that’s not ideal for us.

So we filled in an online form for one firm near us not expecting anything, we are still waiting to hear from them.

Lesmo then searched Google again the following morning and found another place close by gave them a bell and we now have a “room” with them. The meeting to sign everything took an hour not because it was complicated but due to the former farmer wanting a good old chin wag. The Duke Tardis then went into action again and everything was moved in the afternoon

Anymore fun and games we will let you know but we hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ups and downs of moving house!  Remember folks - it will be worth it.  And all the pain will be soon forgotten when you get the keys to the new place :)

I agree about the Juke.  Much more room than the old one I can tell you.  I use a HippoBag to line the inside of Sarah's.  It has been to the waste disposal site many, many times - both pre and post our move.

Keep positive.  You will get there and it will be great! :bounce:

• Like 2

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY