Horsham Developments

Hi 👋 from a new Member

12 hours ago, Scott Robinson said:

Hi John FK ,

It is I believe , paint code KAC , I've been told (not sure if this is true though?) That only around 5% of cars had this colour ? 

I think you are correct with that code although the same codes get different names in different marketing geographies - in the US its sometimes known as Desert Shadow Metallic.

In 2008 several members went, at Nissan's invitation, to see the European Launch of the R35 at the Geneva Motor Show and the car on display was Black. However, a few of us went off with the Nissan programme manager to see the demo car he had which was Titanium. As soon as I saw it that was the colour I specified for my order, even though it was 15 months away from delivery. And you are right about the low colour takeup - that was the reason that colour was dropped within two years of launch.

As a matter of interest, what colour does it say on your V5? My dealer and salesman had a weird sense of humour and when I got the V5 I was surprised and amused to see it said, Colour: "Brownish" !!  

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

On 9/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, JohnFK said:

I think you are correct with that code although the same codes get different names in different marketing geographies - in the US its sometimes known as Desert Shadow Metallic.

In 2008 several members went, at Nissan's invitation, to see the European Launch of the R35 at the Geneva Motor Show and the car on display was Black. However, a few of us went off with the Nissan programme manager to see the demo car he had which was Titanium. As soon as I saw it that was the colour I specified for my order, even though it was 15 months away from delivery. And you are right about the low colour takeup - that was the reason that colour was dropped within two years of launch.

As a matter of interest, what colour does it say on your V5? My dealer and salesman had a weird sense of humour and when I got the V5 I was surprised and amused to see it said, Colour: "Brownish" !!  

Hi John, sorry I missed this previously so haven't responded sooner. 

V5 states Titanium Silver , but when I brought the Car I was told it was Copper 🤷

• Haha 1