RJN Motorsport

Damaged Door Mirror

Gav C

Thanks to an idiot Jag driver I now need a driver's side door mirror.

Going down Garrowby Hill, following two cars and just going round a left-hand bend I heard a loud bang and saw my mirror cover flying off and the glass gone. When I looked in the mirror there was a blue car pulling in between two cars going the other way, obviously just completing an overtaking manoeuvre and was still over the white lines. He never stopped and I didn't get his reg and I only know it was a Jag as I've recovered his mirror cover.

At first I thought it was just the cover and glass but on closer inspection the mirror body is damaged too, I never found the glass but recovered the cover and have managed to polish out the worst marks but there are still some chips and scratches that the cutting compound can't sort out.

I think the cheapest route will be to wait for a complete unit in the right colour to pop up on eBay in the States as these are considerably cheaper than over here.

PXL_20210911_172459109.jpg

PXL_20210912_153830785.jpg

PXL_20210912_153857964.jpg

PXL_20210912_153848957.jpg

• Sad 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Sorry to hear this Gav.

Worth a few calls to Jag dealers in the next few days to find out if they’ve had any calls for a replacement?

Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime.

• Like 1

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

1 hour ago, John_K said:

Sorry to hear this Gav.

Worth a few calls to Jag dealers in the next few days to find out if they’ve had any calls for a replacement?

Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime.

Cheers John,

I always thought it was only a crime to leave the scene of someone was injured. 

I think the likelihood of finding the guy will be slim at best and I'm sure the police won't be the slightest bit interested.

• Agree 2

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

That's sh!t news to hear Gav, hopefully you get her back to full health soon (& hope you find the idiot who did it).

• Like 1

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

37 minutes ago, Neutreus said:

That's sh!t news to hear Gav, hopefully you get her back to full health soon (& hope you find the idiot who did it).

She'll be back to full health but I'll have to wait and see what's available on eBay, chances of finding the guy is slim at best. I do have his mirror cover though 😂 there is a sticker with a vin number on it but it's too faded to read.

I think I might stick it on eBay and see if I get a bite 😂

37 minutes ago, Neutreus said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav C said:

Cheers John,

I always thought it was only a crime to leave the scene of someone was injured. 

I think the likelihood of finding the guy will be slim at best and I'm sure the police won't be the slightest bit interested.

100% the police won't be interested, and you probably cannot prove fault anyway, it was just a thought.

• Like 1

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

That's crappy buy I'd have a go at fixing that myself. A little superglue and baking soda will bond the plastic, file the resulting joing and you'd never know.

Mirror is easy enough to replace, just leaves the cover. Which you may be able to rectify with a cutting polish or even replace with some carbon.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

Narrow escape, Gav. As long as you’re OK then the mirror just becomes a chore to sort.

• Like 1

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

Oh no! Some people are such a***s! Hope it’s not too costly, glad you managed to polish the cover up

• Like 1

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

2 hours ago, blobbish said:

That's crappy buy I'd have a go at fixing that myself. A little superglue and baking soda will bond the plastic, file the resulting joing and you'd never know.

Mirror is easy enough to replace, just leaves the cover. Which you may be able to rectify with a cutting polish or even replace with some carbon.

I thought about fixing it, the internal parts are easy as they`re not seen, just the top of the mirror housing thats visible. I`ve used cutting polish today and got rid of most of the scratches but there are some that are just too much, might try the rattle can 😂 Had to buy a cheap mirror glass from Hellfrauds for the MOT tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Jeff-W said:

Narrow escape, Gav. As long as you’re OK then the mirror just becomes a chore to sort.

Could have been worse 12" from a total side swipe I think, I`ll bide my time with the mirror.

1 hour ago, Chilli Red said:

Oh no! Some people are such a***s! Hope it’s not too costly, glad you managed to polish the cover up

Done as much as I can, maybe a couple more will come out but there are chips that are too far gone for cutting compound.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Sorry to hear that Gav. Contact any breaking Z's on Ebay, or breakers yards near to you?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=breaking+370z&_sacat=0

Yeah I`ve already looked into that, there is a complete mirror unit that has a white cover but the scratches are worse than mine. It will actually be cheaper to get one from the States and they`re more readily available, just none in white at the moment.

I`ll just keep looking and hope one turns up soon.

• Like 1

Check out amayama if you're buying new

• Like 2

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

Sorry to see this.  Very 'annoying'...

If you buy from abroad be sure to get a RHD mirror because it will be different from a LHD car.

As said above - time for CF or even a little wrap on the mirrors?

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

1 hour ago, Paul_S said:

Sorry to see this.  Very 'annoying'...

If you buy from abroad be sure to get a RHD mirror because it will be different from a LHD car.

As said above - time for CF or even a little wrap on the mirrors?

Yeah I`m aware of the differences between here and the States 😂

TBH I`m not a fan of CF mirror covers, I actually prefer the pearlescent white, I have toyed with the idea of a CF rear spoiler but I`m not sure I`d like it, it would be an expensive mistake.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, blobbish said:

Check out amayama if you're buying new

Apparently permanently out of stock at Amayama, 1 available on ebay but it`s collection only from Harrow.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:25 PM, Gav C said:

Yeah I`m aware of the differences between here and the States 😂

TBH I`m not a fan of CF mirror covers, I actually prefer the pearlescent white, I have toyed with the idea of a CF rear spoiler but I`m not sure I`d like it, it would be an expensive mistake.

Yeah, I know what you mean with the CF ones.

There is this available but it's not exactly cheap!

Edit: wrong colour of course...

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

25 minutes ago, Gasitup said:

f26ad4a3e3004c6e6f9218f5b45dc1c4.jpg
Try these buddy. They are breaking a few Z33 Z34 but the web page is a bit long winded. Maybe a phone call would be a lot quicker emoji1303.png
Good luck with the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I`ll have a look 👍