CAT Driver Training

Japan Market GTR updates to be revealed

paul_k

All will be revealed tomorrow:

• Like 2

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...

Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)
Storm White R35 GT-R MY21 Track Edition… “Fully Loaded”

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - "Dumbo"
Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R MY11 with Recaros - "The General"
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - "Dastardly"
[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

OK it’s a 100 off T Spec which is based on the track edition available in Japan. 

2 new colours Midnight Purple and Millenium Jade for the mature driver… Has a hint of green in it and is based on the R34 M Spec. 
Carbon brakes, roof, boot and spoiler saves 18Kg and are standard some were optional on the previous TE. 
The carbon brakes save 14kg unsprung weight. 
suspension tweeks reduce vibration by 15% steering correction reduced. 
Light green interior and alcantara dash and gold emblems on the front, back inside, door kick plates and a gold engine cover. 

I'm happy with my MY21 TE....

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - "Muttley" (it was the only Z in the village ....)

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - "The Expensive Mistress"

It’s the same as your car John with a different colour. 
Must admit was hoping for a facelift of the interior, another 50hp and needs a 7th gear really. Happy they did not add a hybrid option though. 
Im guessing this would be £130K if sold here. 

On a related subject in case I've missed something - has there been any more talk about the next model of GTR and whether that's coming to Europe? There was some talk I recall a while back but it's been quiet since (possibly due to the new Z).

I didn't know what this announcement was but now I see it's a limited run special edition it made me think about the above again.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I'm not sure about that Green interior! Still, mould wont show on the seats when its been in a barn for 30 years....

(Nismo seats not an option btw)

£150k been quoted elsewhere!

Apparently the Australians think they are getting 50 too 😄

10 hours ago, Neutreus said:

On a related subject in case I've missed something - has there been any more talk about the next model of GTR and whether that's coming to Europe? There was some talk I recall a while back but it's been quiet since (possibly due to the new Z).

I didn't know what this announcement was but now I see it's a limited run special edition it made me think about the above again.

I assume from the lack of a reply that you are in the dark on this too John & Paul?

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

All the chatter I've heard about a R36 usually ends with "there isnt one".

I have heard that the backlog of R35 orders might be fulfilled next year. But, afaik Nissan UK havent said that publicly.

As I've said before, The EU* 2022 has stricter emission controls to meet. And there must be a cost in doing that and getting a car passed through Homologation. Is it worthwhile for the volumes?

* In theory, since Leaving the EU, the UK could amend the restrictions, but would they do that? Wouldnt look good in their Climate Control programme. And even if they did, would UK volumes make the costs of a UK market specific model variant worthwhile to Nissan Global?

I really dont know anything definite. But I'm not very optimistic for the R35 and am personally not interested in an R36 (this old b*gger is old school!)

• Like 1

P.s. Meanwhile, UK Dealers are holding deposits. As Christine Keeler said "They would, wouldnt they" ...

4 hours ago, JohnFK said:

All the chatter I've heard about a R36 usually ends with "there isnt one".

I have heard that the backlog of R35 orders might be fulfilled next year. But, afaik Nissan UK havent said that publicly.

As I've said before, The EU* 2022 has stricter emission controls to meet. And there must be a cost in doing that and getting a car passed through Homologation. Is it worthwhile for the volumes?

* In theory, since Leaving the EU, the UK could amend the restrictions, but would they do that? Wouldnt look good in their Climate Control programme. And even if they did, would UK volumes make the costs of a UK market specific model variant worthwhile to Nissan Global?

I really dont know anything definite. But I'm not very optimistic for the R35 and am personally not interested in an R36 (this old b*gger is old school!)

There ain't no school like the old school 

(I've had over 16 new cars in my life and they've all had batteries... to start the petrol engines - and run the clocks. I can honestly say batteries have been the biggest source of problems in my motoring life 🤣 )

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Neutreus said:

I assume from the lack of a reply that you are in the dark on this too John & Paul?

It seems to have gone very quiet since they mentioned packaging problems with a hybrid setup. 
My guess is that without Ghosn providing strong leadership who understood the need for a halo car and the financial problems at Nissan I suspect it may not be replaced until a totally new electric platform is developed which may be 5 years away. 
I’m also hearing that the T Spec may be a 21 Model year with no further development. So basically a paint job and track edition bits. 
I do think we are looking at the last year of manufacture now.  

• Sad 1