CAT Driver Training

Could you share your thoughts .................

With the last of the organised events for the year taking place this Saturday, it seemed a timely point to start a conversation about 2022 (yes, it will soon be here).

As a Committee and for me as current Events Organiser, we're very interested in your thoughts about attending events. We've all been through some big changes over the last 18 months and I'm sure there are still concerns for some. What I'm interested in therefore is twofold:

1. Whether you are likely to want to attend events next year ?
  2. If so, what sort of events are you looking forward to?

I'm hoping that there will be a continued return to some sort of normality in 2022 and it would be great to have bigger attendances at some of these events to catch up with friends old and new.

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Definitely another CAT day and another karting day, I missed the last one due to illness.

• Like 1

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev remap

Yes to everything basically, I'm still a little wary but I can't really think of any event we've done where we have to be in very close proximity to each other  and I think with the extra precautions we as individuals and event organisers are taking I'm fairly comfortable with it all. 

The real test for me will be this Saturday, working my first gig in nearly 2 years at the appropriately named Underworld in Camden - that'll be interesting! Depending on how it goes I reserve the right to completely change my answers above..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll consider everything and anything!

I missed out on the Brize Norton event this year - I'm particularly interested in that one, if it happens again.

I also prefer the smaller Sunday morning 'breakfast club' sort of meets to most, but not all, of the other huge events which take up a whole day.

• Like 1

2017 (67) 370Z NISMO - Burgundy wrapped roof - heavy tint rear screen - "Z" burgers

November 2021 - ECUTEC remap + Cobra HFCs + a few other bits

.....and a few "normal" family cars - 2020 SEAT Ateca FR Black Edition /  2015 French C1 Thingy /  2016  Aygo

I guess it's tricky to organise anything too big but time will tell.  You don't want to be spending money to find it can't happen.

I think multiple smaller meets (such as the breakfasts mentioned) or even ones were people meet up at a car park, drive along a planned route then either make their way home at the end or stay for a coffee / meal and a natter.

I've been to several gatherings where the organisers have asked attendees to do a PCR test just prior to the event.  I'm not sure everyone entered into the spirit of it, but I know the majority did.

I suppose I'm trying to say that the meets might need to be a bit more flexible so people attending can decide what they want to opt into and out of as they feel able.

I'm up for some! :bounce:

• Like 2

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

Happy to put at least four Mod day / full breakfast meets at our house next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too

350Z Chilli Red 2006, with full Do-Luck Kit and still looks as good as new!
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

I would like to go and watch the British drift championships, i have only been to watch one session a couple of years ago, its probably not for everyone. Its good to watch competition drifting and its great atmosphere as well, it goes on at five different tracks throughout the year

Edited by Short Paul

9 hours ago, Short Paul said:

I am definitely more comfortable with out meeting rather indoors, but having the weather for eating outside at the mo is a bit of a gamble 

Your call where you eat your breakfast.  Most people stay outside for most of the day. 😊

• Like 1

07765 406665

They are shy 😊

• Haha 1

07765 406665

I only have one reservation about any event, and that is having to go indoors to get food and drink, other than that I'm up for anything. This does mean though that we're not as keen on distant events where we have to stay overnight. I think this will be a concern shared by others - and I can't fault folks for wanting to be cautious.

I probably wouldn't want to go to very crowded events either until the infection rate drops a lot more. We got a little caught out by Brizefest in this respect, but there was plenty of breathing room actually in the car display area.

• Like 2

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.