Common Problems/known Issues With The 350z

Chubbs

• 3 weeks later...

Had my 04 Zed for a couple of month now - started to notice a few irritating issues that should not be occuring on an 18K Car. Took my Zed to Benfield Nissan in Gateshead with the following list.

Rays Alloys - Corrosion / Bubbles

Bose Stereo - Left Channel distorting and CDs skipping

Wiper Attachment Arms (The bit that disappears into the bonnet recess) corroding badly

Boot wont stay up.

Rear Parking Sensors - Intermittant

Dulling Paintwork (Black).

Here's what they did.

Replaced the alloys

Replaced the stereo head unit and an amp

Replaced the wiper arm to motor linkages

Replaced the boot gas struts

Fixed the rear parking sensors

Flattened and maching polished the whole car.

SPLENDID - ASK AND BE CONTSTRUCTING and NISSAN SHOULD HELP.

Best Regards - A Happy ZED owner

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm sure I've said this before but the skipping stereo problem applies to non-GT units as well as GT-pack BOSE units. Both my Zeds have done it, though I've never bothered to have it fixed as I normally play MP3s off my phone using a tape adapter anyway.

Hyundai i30 N Performance in Performance Blue (replaced Black Rose GT Edition 370Z (replaced Night Blue 350Z Nismo coupé (replaced Azure 350Z Roadster (replaced order #402, Sunset coupé))))

Member number 068.
SimRacing.org.uk Director General

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

I'm sure I've said this before but the skipping stereo problem applies to non-GT units as well as GT-pack BOSE units. Both my Zeds have done it, though I've never bothered to have it fixed as I normally play MP3s off my phone using a tape adapter anyway.

Thanks for that giZ - I've altered the text.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Such a useful thread. Sorry to be a pain but would you be able to list the differences between 06 and 07 zeds? ;)

Just thought i'd give you something to do if you're bored ;)

No problem mate - 80% different engine (from 296bhp up to 309bhp), bonnet bulge to accommodate new engine, illuminated ignition switch and a couple of new colours - other than that they're the same. I'll add it to the main list too.

Back to the boredom now ;)

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

• 1 month later...

Just added a new issue to the 'PERSONAL ISSUES' section...

8. Zedrage - That feeling you get when you return home from having had your car repaired/serviced by the Main Dealer, you inspect it and you find that the Brembo calipers have been chipped, it's got a new dent/scratch in the bodywork, there are dirty greasy marks inside, the alloys are marked, it's got an extra 35 miles on the clock ...and the problem it went in for is still there :bleh:

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Just added a new issue to the 'PERSONAL ISSUES' section...

8. Zedrage - That feeling you get when you return home from having had your car repaired/serviced by the Main Dealer, you inspect it and you find that the Brembo calipers have been chipped, it's got a new dent/scratch in the bodywork, there are dirty greasy marks inside, the alloys are marked, it's got an extra 35 miles on the clock ...and the problem it went in for is still there :bleh:

That's not good. :) Name and shame please :)

Thinking about "modding" your car? Don't forget the driver! - CAT Driver Training - click for Members discounts

Need to know how to do a job on your Zed? Check out the "How to's" section - click here

The definitive Tyre Choice Poll click here to vote and see the results

damo%20sig3.jpg

Send me your "How to's" - howto@nissansportz.com

• 1 month later...

Another one - defective return valve on the rear window washer. Symptom is a few trickles of water from it for a few minutes after washing front or rear window. Sad to report that this is still an issue on '08 cars. ;)

Hyundai i30 N Performance in Performance Blue (replaced Black Rose GT Edition 370Z (replaced Night Blue 350Z Nismo coupé (replaced Azure 350Z Roadster (replaced order #402, Sunset coupé))))

Member number 068.
SimRacing.org.uk Director General

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Did any one else get a letter from Nissan recently asking them to bring back in their new/fairly new Z's for some clutch and alarm work? Something to do with the concentric slave cylinder leaking so the clutch wouldn't disengage...? That and the software for the alarm containing errors so there were many false alarms. Nissan did offer to fix these free of charge, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of or posted about these?

Took mine in and had it done and got the interior back full of scratches and dents - so not happy about this (but they are promising to fix it for me but what a freakin inconvenience).

But I totally understand about the zedicide and the zedrage - they gave me an x-trail with soooo much body roll.

Hi there :ninja:

Have a look at this thread for info on the recall.

Why not introduce yourself in the 'New Around Here?' section and post up some pics too?!

Paul

Edited by Paul_S

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Z* with a plethora of minor bespoke mods'

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY